Brand Resource Guide is available on the CAP website.
SIGNATURE BLOCK INSTRUCTIONS FOR EMAIL
Branding is the image of the organization that comes to mind when people think of Civil Air Patrol. Our brand is shaped by letting people know who we are and what we do. Those messages must be consistent in order to be effective.
Why is it important?
A strong brand is more trusted, appreciated and respected, which affects CAP’s:
· Attraction to new members.
· Financial support.
· Media coverage.
· Public awareness.
Who is responsible for branding?
Everyone. CAP’s brand must be visible and all members must protect and promote it.
CAP’s Branding Resource Guide and Branding Master Plan, posted on the PA page at www.capmembers.com, provides several simple but powerful ways members can help shape CAP’s brand identity:
· Ensure CAP is credited in all metadata and photos released externally.
· Ensure everyone uses the same email signature block, and that it includes CAP's social media links.
· Build awareness of who we are and what we do through use of traditional media and social media.
· Print CAP’s elevator speech on the back of your business cards and use this message when asked about CAP.
· Use CAP’s logos, seals and emblems properly.
· Present a consistent look, feel and architecture of CAP’s websites nationwide (template currently being field tested).
· Link squadron websites to the national site to improve CAP’s ability to be found in Web searches.
· Use CAP’s national PSAs (new ones under development) to help create brand awareness.
CAP’s brand is also built each and every day at the local level by members’ participation in a wide variety of community service activities. Unit and wing PA and crisis communications plans help ensure that public awareness of CAP’s service receives the widest possible exposure.
Instructional Videos to Add CAP Signature Block to Email
AOL Users - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBLT0Cp4TLs
Outlook 2013 Users - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01EZNeP3umQ
Outlook/Hotmail Users - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DSRu-Z5Cjg
Gmail Users - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzVdX5USTFY
Yahoo Users - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip0ppKJG1Co
Apple Mail Users - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpSFoMPi3ug
Thunderbird Users - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3LGlLOXrmg