We have a mission for you - pilot, mission observer or scanner, communications specialist, public affairs, personnel, safety, teaching cadets, training - and many more. More than likely, there is a unit near your home waiting for you to join.
Initial cadet membership
All applicants for cadet membership must meet the following prerequisites:
- 12 years old (or attending 6th grade) through 18 years old.
- Enrolled in or graduated from a public or private school or college with a satisfactory record of academic achievement.
- Not married.
- Not a member of the active duty Armed Forces.
- U.S citizen or alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the United States.
- Good moral character.
Initial officer membership
All applicants for officer membership must meet the following prerequisites:
- Possess the desire, willingness, and capability to promote the objectives and purposes of Civil Air Patrol.
- Must be at least 18 years old. Active duty members of the Armed Forces can join CAP as a senior member at any age.
- U.S. citizen or alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the United States.
- No felony conviction by any court of record whether federal, state, or military.
- No pattern of arrests and/or convictions, including but not limited to sex offenses, child abuse, driving under the influence of alcohol (DUI), dishonesty, and violence.
- If you were previously in the active duty military, you must have been discharged under honorable conditions.
You do not have to be a pilot to be a member of the Civil Air Patrol. If you want to serve, we have a mission for you!