1997 news releases
- 12/12/1997—MDWG finds crashed airplane in Salisbury
- A CAP Ground Team located the fuselage of a wrecked aircraft, three deceased victims were in the wreckage, and rescue personnel and the state police had been led in to the scene. The find was reported to AFRCC and all additional ground teams were stopped except one which continued on to the scene to assist.
- 11/17/1997—Civil Air Patrol members receive Lifesaving Award
- Maj. Andrew Felix and 1st Lt Brian McNamee received Civil Air Patrol Lifesaving Awards at a ceremony on November 17 at the College Park Airport. Lt. Col. Lawrence Trick, Vice Commander of the Maryland Wing, and Maj. Jon Royer, Commander Group Three of the Maryland Wing, presented the awards recognizing the members' quick action during an aircraft accident at College Park Airport.
- 09/25/1997—Maryland Wing responds to F-117 crash
- The 10,000 spectators who attended the Eighth Annual Chesapeake Air Show at Martin State Airport, Sept. 14, came to see exciting aerobatic routines and interesting static displays including both civilian and military aircraft.