2017 news releases
- 03/14/2017—Wise assumes command of Harford Composite Squadron
- Major Scott Wise assumed command of Civil Air Patrol’s Harford Composite Squadron, a unit of the Maryland Wing, during a change of command ceremony held at Aberdeen Proving Grounds. Lt. Col. James Schmidt relinquished command of the squadron in a ceremony president over by Maj. Don Ells, Group II commander.
- 03/13/2017—Flanick named Mt. Airy’s Air Force Association Outstanding Cadet of the Year for 2016
- Civil Air Patrol Cadet 2nd Lt. Daniel Flanick has been named the 2016 recipient of the Air Force Association’s Outstanding Cadet of the Year for Mt. Airy Composite Squadron, a unit in the Maryland Wing during a ceremony held on March 2 at the Mt. Airy Senior and Community Center.
- 02/15/2017—Charles Composite Squadron celebrates accomplishments
- The Charles Composite Squadron, a unit of the Maryland Wing, Civil Air Patrol, celebrated numerous member achievements and milestones on February 6, 2017.
- 02/10/2017—Maryland Wing supports the Maryland Engineering Challenges
- Civil Air Patrol members from Maryland Wing headquarters and the Howard Composite Squadron assist the organizers of the Electric Cargo Challenge, part of the Maryland Engineering Challenges held in the Baltimore Museum of Industry on February 5, 2017.
- 02/09/2017—Fort McHenry members recognized for achievements
- Four Civil Air Patrol members from the Fort McHenry Composite Squadron, part of the Maryland Wing, Civil Air Patrol, were recognized for their accomplishments during the unit’s January meeting.
- 01/24/2017—New joint Maryland Civil Air Patrol – Air National Guard operations trailer unveiled
- Prior to Inauguration Day, Maryland Wing, Civil Air Patrol communications staff visited Warfield Air National Guard Base in Middle River, Md., and saw the new joint Maryland Civil Air Patrol and Maryland Air National Guard operations trailer.